Wednesday 18 June 2014

05. A Job Worth Doing


“She had fire in her eyes and a smile that could melt every heart. At that moment, I knew she was my fate. And I knew that I was destined to burn.”

He stood at the window staring at something far beyond a human’s field of vision. With a soft smile plastered on his face, he narrated to me his story and that of fates’. He narrated to me how death fell for fate.

Death held my gaze and said, “It was only after a week full of visits that she let me in her heart. You hate her for directing my life in a way intolerable for me, but I love her for knowing all and doing it still.”

He paused.

“Will you at least give a try at understanding her?” death asked me.

“I wouldn’t be standing here if I thought otherwise”, I replied.

Satisfied with my answer he continued, “Unlike me, she figures the way the Almighty works crystal clear. I’ll tell you what she told me. She said, ‘to understand love and feel happiness, one has to deal with sacrifice and separations. To make this happen, the curator of creations has turned those souls into lords-with-divine-powers that are stronger than they will ever realize, loving with a heart pure like dew and are performing acts for the sake of good order.’”

“Are you following me?” he questioned with eyes screaming at me to understand.

All I could do was nod in agreement.

“Just like I detest doing what I do, do you think fate likes her job either?” death asked me fiercely.

 I blinked at his sudden outburst only to find myself alone in the dark. I stared out the window dumbfounded again; trying to see what death clearly could and can.

- Come back to find him elaborate more.
Same blog, same time, someday.
Till then, search for answers of your own.
Unravel the mysteries curated by the lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment